Christmas crafting...

How many of you are out there like me, gluing, painting, sewing. For me, as an artist, Christmas has always been the time of year to let myself have some fun. I made this little decoration (and others) for family members. She is a little elf on the day after Christmas, finally able to play after busily making toys. I too am done with crafting for Christmas this year. I may do a few more just for the fun of it, but the pressure is off.

This year I just want to sit back and love the season. Enjoy the gatherings. Simmer oranges and cinnamon sticks on the stove. I'd love to end up Christmas eve at a holy night service in some sweet little church somewhere, but this year, maybe that will be just in my mind.

Bill and I wrap up the holiday at our house Christmas night with a bonfire, surrounded by friends and drinking homemade egg nog. I look forward to it every year.

Tomorrow my mom and I are going down to Las Cruces to enjoy the festive shopping and to wander around old Mesilla, a wonderful old Mexican village square, surrounded by lovely shops and  who knows what. I've never taken the time before.

I have an intention lately. To be inspired. To live 'in-spirit'. To pay attention to the quiet small things. To look into the eyes of friends and hear our great loving Source when it says to go visit or call one of them. And to love them always from where I am, even if I can't.

Happy holidays everyone. Be Love with me.

Comments

Popular Posts